Pokémon Epic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Title says it all

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Terminology

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Knyfe
Site Creator
Knyfe

Terminology Empty
PostSubject: Terminology   Terminology EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Some of us aren't as good at chat-speak as others, and so, it's easiest to have a guide. If you find another that isn't on here, please post it!

A

AKA - 'Also known as'

ASAP - 'As soon as possible'

B

B4 - 'Before'

BBL - 'Be back later'

BIC - 'Back in Character' as opposed to 'Out of Character'. Used to confirm that one is role-playing, when before they were not.

BRB - 'Be right back'

BTW - 'By the way'

Bump - An acronym for 'bring up my post'. When a topic does not receive any replies for a while, the creator may bump it to make it easier to find and possibly more popular.

C

C&P - 'Copy and paste', used to show the actions of copying and pasting.

D

E

F

FAQ - 'Frequently Asked Questions', a link to the official forum FAQ can be found here.

FTW - 'For The Win', often used to show support over one thing or to show that one thing is better than another.

G

GTG/G2G - 'Got to go'

H

I

IC - 'In Character' as opposed to 'Out of Character', used to show that one is back in character, or role-playing, when he or she has recently been out of character.

Imma - 'I am'

J

JK - 'Just Kidding'

K

K - short for 'okay' or 'OK'

L

LOL - 'Laugh out loud', used to show laughter

M

N

NM - 'Nothing much', used as a reply to "What's up?" or anything along those lines.

NP - 'No problem'

O

OMG - Most commonly used as 'Oh my God' but also can be used as 'Oh my Gosh'

OOC - 'Out of Character' as opposed to 'In Character', used to show that one is not role-playing in a situation where most members in that section of the forum are role-playing.

P

Pinned - A Pinned topic is an important one that is not quite an Announcement.

PM - A private message using the messaging feature.

Q

R

ROFL - 'Rolling on the floor laughing', used to express laughter; the person is unable to stand for mirth

ROFLAO - 'Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off', used to express laughter; the person is unable to stand for mirth

RP - Role-play

S

T

TY - 'Thank you'

U

V

W

WB - 'Welcome back', used when someone has left for a short amount of time or is on vacation.

X

Y

YW - 'You're welcome'

Z
Back to top Go down

Terminology
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokémon Epic :: Getting Started :: Information-
Jump to: